It is with great excitement that SAA is planning to bring baseball and soccer sports’ clinics (and potential late summer/fall leagues) to our community to help get local kids involved with athletics, baseball and soccer.
Minor and Majors Baseball (ages 9-12) will start July 18 and 19th 1pm-3pm. Then every Saturday and Sunday until August 8th.
T-Ball and Coach Pitch (ages 5-8) will be Noon to 1pm on these dates - July 18, 19, 25 and August 1st and 8th.
There are a number of social distancing and related public health guidelines that are MANDATORY for compliance in the state of New York under Phase 4 of re-opening. For recreation sports, baseball and soccer, these are as follows:
- Small group size: we are looking at ten registrants per adult coach/volunteer. This is why we will be posting a registration form shortly for both the baseball and soccer clinic programs. *CLINICS WILL BE OFFERED AT NO CHARGE*
- COVID screening at check in. An SAA volunteer will ask questions about how the registrant is feeling and ask the parent/guardian to sign off on their attendance.
- 6 foot social distancing in effect. While an SAA volunteer will be available to help observe clinics, we expect that parents/guardians will also help enforce the importance of maintaining social distance. Clinic programs are being planned with this in mind.
- Limit of two spectators per player at the field. This can be a parent and a sibling or two parents etc – and this is at the player level.
- Participation waiver. This is now fairly standard for youth sports in the era of COVID. A waiver must be signed in order for your player(s) to participate.
We understand that there are a lot of new requirements in this COVID era – it is all new for our volunteers as well. We expect that all registrants will abide by the rules that have been set forth by the state in order to keep our community healthy.
Base Cost: $0.00
Open to: Boys & Girls
born between: 12/02/2005 and 12/01/2015